- EligibilityThe Event is open to Singaporeans or Permanent Residents of Singapore with a valid NRIC, or foreigners with a valid FIN, aged 15 to 22 years as of 31 December 2022. Only Participants who have entered to participate in the Event through the nomination and/or application and qualifying process specified will be permitted to participateImportant: If the Participant is under the age of 18 as of 21 November 2022, then he/she must provide a completed Parental/Guardian Consent Form that has been signed by his/her parent/legal guardian. The completed and signed Parental/Guardian Consent Form must be handed to Event Personnel when he/she checks in on the Race Day.
- Methods of entry
There are two methods of entry – public entry and Singapore Athletics member/school entry – for the four categories of the Event:
- Men’s U19 (aged 15 to 18 years as of 31 December 2022)
- Men’s U23 (aged 19 to 22 years as of 31 December 2022)
- Women’s U19 (aged 15 to 18 years as of 31 December 2022)
- Women’s U23 (aged 19 to 22 years as of 31 December 2022)
To sign up for a chance at getting a place, Participant must complete all of the following steps:
- Race a time trial of one mile (1609m) on a level surface and log it in a single outdoor run activity (without pausing or stopping) with a GPS running tracker using imperial measurements from 21 November 2022 to 9 December 2022 (the “Qualifying Window”).
- Capture a screenshot of the time trial result. It must clearly show the date, distance, time taken and average pace of the run. Screenshot without either of the information will be rejected.
- Visit the Website and navigate to the Enter section of the Website.
- Apply for a place for the respective categories via the public entry and/or Singapore Athletics member/school entry. If a Participant wishes to enter via the Singapore Athletics member/school method of entry for a fast-track entry that allows him/her to bypass the Qualifiers and qualify directly to the Finals, he/she must be nominated by either a Singapore Athletic member or an eligible educational institution/school from 23 November 2022 to 8 Dec 2022 (the “Nomination Period”). The Participant may enter via both methods of entry to increase his/her chances of gaining a place; however, if awarded a Singapore Athletic member/school place, his/her application under the public entry will automatically be withdrawn.
- Complete the application form from 23 November 2022 to 9 December 2022 (the “Application Period”) and include details of Participant’s full name, NRIC/FIN/ Student ID number, residential status, sex, date of birth, age, email address, contact number, emergency contact name, emergency contact mobile number, emergency contact relationship, medical condition (if any), name of organisation/institution (if any), CCA club/society (if any), Instagram handle (if any), race t-shirt size (Asian fit) and shoe size (US). Once this has been completed, Participant is also required to provide details of his/her time trial (date, distance logged, time taken and average pace) and upload a screenshot of his/her time trial result.Important: The Participant may log as many one-mile runs as he/she wishes during the Qualifying Period but he/she can submit only one time trial result. Additionally, the distance logged must be equal to one mile or marginally greater (no more than a differential of 10%). If the distance logged is greater than one mile, the time trial result will automatically be adjusted based on his/her pace to exactly one-mile.
- Entry conditionsThe Participant warrants that the information submitted in the online application form and any other information supplied to New Balance or any other third party in relation to the Event (hereinafter collectively the “Organiser”) is provided truthfully and accurately. Any misrepresentation of any facts or particulars may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any entitlement and prize won at the Organiser’s sole discretion. Incomplete entries, or those which are not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions, will be invalid. The Organiser is not responsible for undelivered forms submitted in connection with any entry. No responsibility will be accepted for any lost, delayed or damaged entries or for actions or inactions by the Participant. Completion and submission of a nomination and/or application does not guarantee entry into the Event.
- Internet related conditionsThe Participant releases and discharges the Released Parties from any and all liability for electronic transmission errors for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, server, provider, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials with respect to the Event, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Event, the Organiser reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event and to select all qualifying Participants from among the eligible entries received that are unaffected by the problem. Organiser further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these R&Rs or undermines the integrity of the Event.
- QualificationThe Event has three stages of competition: time-trial (virtual race), the Qualifiers (physical race) and the Finals (physical race). There are 40 places for each category in the Qualifiers of the Event and 20 places for each category in the Finals of the Event. Places will be awarded on a ‘fastest first’ basis and each qualifying Participant is limited to one place. The Participant will receive a confirmation email to confirm that their application has been successful. Participant must accept/decline it by the stipulated deadline given in the confirmation email.
- Race kitParticipants racing in the Qualifiers of the Event will receive a New Balance race t-shirt (collectively referred to as the “Race Kit”) and Participants racing in the Finals of the Event will receive a New Balance race t-shirt and a pair of New Balance FuelCell SuperComp Elite V3 (collectively referred to as the “Race Kit”). Sizes are subject to availability. In the event that the preferred sizes are no longer available, the next best size will be provided. The Race Kit of the Event are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other products. New Balance reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any item of the Race Kit with another item of similar value in the event the original item offered is for any reason not available.
- Race daysFinal instructions for the Race Days, including Race Kit collection and race schedules, will be displayed on the News section of the Website. Participants should always check the Website to confirm details. Race schedules are subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Organiser, due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the control of the Organizers.
The Participant should plan to arrive 60 to 90 minutes before the race start time to have plenty of time to check in and collect the Race Kit. The Participant will be required to bring their Singapore-issued ID (NRIC/FIN) or student ID and confirmation email when he/she checks in on the day of the Qualifiers and/or the Finals.
The Participant must report 30 minutes to the designated reporting area (the “Call Area”) before race start time. The Participant will not be allowed to compete if he/she reports to the start line directly without first reporting to the Call Area. Race start time is to be used as a guide only, Participant is responsible to check and confirm the reporting time of his/her race displayed at the Call Area and report to the Call Area accordingly.
- ClothingTo participate in the Event, the Participant must wear the assigned race bib, hip numbers and New Balance race t-shirt provided and any other material supplied and advised in the Race Kit as required. For safety and to maximize Participant’s event experience, those that do not have all prescribed items will not be permitted to participate.
- ShoesParticipants may compete in their preferred shoes. Participants racing in the Finals of the Event are encouraged to race in the New Balance FuelCell SuperComp Elite V3 that is included in the Race Kit.
- ConductGood sportsmanship and cooperation is both anticipated and expected. The Participant understands that the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules might include loss of the Participant’s eligibility to participate in the Event.
- CoachingCoaches have access to the Venue, but not the track lanes. Participants are not allowed to receive any sort of instruction from a coach during the race.
- DisputesThe Organizers and designated race officials shall have the power to make all decisions on any points not specifically covered in the R&Rs and shall have the sole authority to interpret the intent and purpose of these R&Rs. The Organizers and designated tournament officials reserve the right to disqualify any Participant for infractions of race rules and policies.
- Failure to participateIn the event that the Participant, for any reason, elects not to attend and participate in any or all designated activities forming part of the Event, Participants will be afforded no compensation in exchange and will not be entitled to receive the Race Kit. If the Participant is unable to attend and participate in the Event, the Participant cannot transfer their place in the Event to any other individual.
- Health declarationThe Participant confirms that he/she is in good health. Further, the Participant warrants that he/she is not aware of any pre-existing health or medical conditions or injuries which would place the Participant at risk through participation in the Event or, if the Participant does have any such conditions or injuries, the Participant undertakes to disclose them in the application form to the Organiser prior to participating in the Event so that the Organiser can determine whether (at its sole discretion) the Participate may participate.
- Assumption of riskParticipation in or attendance at the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. These may result from the Participant’s own actions or inactions, as well as the actions or inactions of others, and the condition of the Venue’s facilities. Further, there may be other risks not known to the Participant and not reasonably foreseeable at this time. The Participant has considered the nature and extent of the risks involved, inspected and satisfied himself or herself with the Venue and facilities and the Participant voluntarily chooses to assume all risks involved in the Event, both known and unknown. The Organiser is not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages the Participant may sustain that result from the Participant’s participation in the Event.
- Medical attention and informationThe Participant authorizes and permits the Organiser, the Event paramedics and other medical personnel to administer first aid treatment or transportation in the event Participant suffers any illness, accident or injury in connection with the Event or any other incident occurs following which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, Participant requires medical care. The Participant agrees that the Participant will pay their own medical emergency expenses, transportation expenses and all subsequent medical expenses which arise out of any illness, accident or injury Participant may suffer as a result of their participation in the Event. The Participant agrees that if the Participant becomes ill during or after the Event and receives medical attention or treatment from the Event paramedics, the Participant authorizes such persons to provide their details (including details of medical treatment given to Participant) to any doctor or hospital and/or others authorised by the Organiser to collect such information, subject to maintaining appropriate medical confidentiality.
- InsuranceThe Organiser does not provide Participants with any insurance, either life, travel, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with their participation in or attendance at the Event, including without limitation the associated activities. If insurance of any kind is desired, the Participants must obtain it themselves. Insurance, all expenses and incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the Participant.
- Photograph & video releaseThe Organiser and other associated parties authorised by the Organiser may photograph or film the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. The Participant hereby consents and agrees that photographs, film and video may be taken whilst participating in the Event and associated activities. To the extent permitted by law, the Participant irrevocably grants the Organizers and, where authorised by the Organiser, third party commercial partners, the right indefinitely and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use the Participant’s photograph, video, image, likeness or other recorded media obtained in connection with the Event in any media, including, but not limited to television, the internet, magazines, product catalogues and brochures, point-of-purchase videos and displays, and any other printed or written material in connection therewith, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, marketing, and selling New Balance products and/or promoting the Event.
- Release from liabilityThe Participant fully and forever releases and discharges the Organiser and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, distributors, representatives, contractors, successors, assigns, and insurers, all volunteers, and staff, and all owners or lessors of premises used in connection with the Event (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims or causes of action the Participant may have for damages for personal or bodily injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property relating in any way to the Event, whether arising from the negligence of any or all of the Released Parties or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- PrizesThe five fastest Participants of each category will be awarded with prize money and, in addition, the three fastest Participants of each category will receive one-year of New Balance product sponsorship (collectively referred to as the “Prize”):
1st Prize money of S$2,500 and one-year of New Balance product sponsorship worth S$1800
2nd Prize money of S$1,800 and one-year of New Balance product sponsorship worth S$1500
3rd Prize money of S$1,300 and one-year of New Balance product sponsorship worth S$1000
4th Prize money of S$800
5th Prize money of S$300All applicable taxes related to Prize, including without limitation, a Prize winner receiving the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Allow 30 business days after the Event for receipt of the Prize. New Balance shall endeavour to notify each Prize winner on the details via the email address provided by such Prize winner in entering the Event. The Prize winner must accept the terms of a NB All-Star Mile Winner Agreement (the “Agreement”), which details the terms of the awarding, use and misuse of the Prize. If a Prize winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Prize, cannot be located or does not respond, the Prize winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize, and, at New Balance’s discretion, an alternate Participant may be selected as eligible to win in accordance with these R&Rs. New Balance will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any Prize winner.
- Victory CeremonyThe victory ceremony is considered part of the Event. Participants who are awarded as prize winners must attend the victory ceremony. The New Balance race t-shirt and FuelCell SuperComp Elite V3 provided must be worn during the victory ceremony as part of the podium uniform.
- Hospitality AreaThe Hospitality Area, if available, and its associated activities will take place at the Organiser’s sole discretion and access may be restricted to Participants participating in the Event only. Additional restrictions may apply.
- Other Terms
- New Balance reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event or to be acting in violation of these R&Rs or in an unsportsmanlike, inappropriate or disruptive manner, or who might, in the reasonable opinion of New Balance, bring the New Balance brand into disrepute.
- New Balance reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event at any time if it cannot be operated, conducted or completed as planned for any reason it determines.
- The decision of New Balance in all matters associated with the Event including (but without limitation the race and race results) shall be final and binding and no explanation of any decision shall be required to be given by New Balance to any Participant of the Event.
- New Balance reserves the right to amend, add, replace, vary and/or modify these R&Rs without giving prior notice. Entry into this Event confirms acceptance of these R&Rs and any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- This Event shall be governed by Singapore laws.
Official Rules & Regulations
NB All-Star Mile 2022
Official Rules & Regulations
These are the official Rules & Regulations (the “R&Rs”) for the NB All-Star Mile (the “Event”) organised by New Balance Singapore Pte Ltd (“New Balance”). The Event is a challenge for Singapore’s top young runners and athletes of all sports to run their fastest mile. The Qualifiers and Finals (collectively referred to as the “Race Days”) of the Event will be held at Hougang Stadium (the “Venue”) on 17 December and 18 December 2022 respectively.
For the purpose of these official R&Rs, the Event means collectively the NB All-Star Mile and all other activities relating to the Event, including but not limited to the virtual time trial, participation in and attendance at the Event. Information on the Event on the official website (“the Website”) at www.nb-allstarmile.sg forms part of the R&Rs.
By entering and participating in the Event, the participant (the “Participant”) agrees to be bound by these R&Rs: